Journals Miraheze: RobLa journal - myndmess journal - Miraheze meta journal - electowiki journal Wikimedia: Wikipedia journal - MediaWiki journal
User:RobLa is the user account for Rob Lanphier. I am (among other things) an electoral theory wonk, a software developer, and an engineering management nerd. I'm also the admin for RobLaWiki, so I hope you like it here.
For my global Miraheze user page, see the following page:
For self-indulgent extras, keep on reading....
Here's some Miraheze wikis that I'm an admin/bureaucrat on:
- https://electowiki.org - This one has been on Miraheze since 2018. It was a copy of a wiki that I helped start
- https://myndmess.miraheze.org - this is a wiki I set up in May 2020 to explore personal notetaking. My research in this area goes back much further than that.
- https://robla.miraheze.org - this wiki is brand new (as of 2020-06-07). There's probably some content from https://robla.net that will get relocated to this wiki.
Since I'm a board member, I also sometimes read and sometimes edit these wikis:
- Useful template: Template:Journals
The latest information about me is in my journals. Here's a list of wiki journals that I'm keeping:
- meta:User:RobLa/Journal - this is where I note my work associated with Miraheze and my responsibilities on the Board
- https://robla.miraheze.org/wiki/RobLa_journal - a general purpose journal for misc thoughts.
- https://electowiki.miraheze.org/wiki/User:RobLa/Journal - my journal for electowiki-related activity
- https://myndmess.miraheze.org/wiki/User:RobLa/Journal - my journal for myndmess-related activity
- main article: meta:User:RobLa
Here's a few highlights from my CV that seem relevant to people wondering about my possible contribution the Miraheze Board:
- 2019 - served as Director for Core Infrastructure at Internet Archive, managing both the operations team and engineers that wrote and maintained the core storage software
- 2017-2018 - Volunteer political activism work, some private software development work, as well as some maintenance and migration work for Electowiki!, which is mostly hosted at Miraheze now ( https://electowiki.miraheze.org )
- 2015-2016 - Wikimedia Foundation part II - Established Wikimedia Technical Committee (TechCom) - back when we called it "ArchCom".
- 2010-2015 - Wikimedia Foundation part I - Established Wikimedia Platform Engineering by hiring, budgeting, and coaching the team of up to 35 engineering staff in 8 time zones at its peak
- 2006-2009 - Launching the open source client for Linden Lab (makers of Second Life)
- 1996-2005 - All sorts of things at RealNetworks, e.g. launching Helix, RTSP and SMIL
- 1993-1995 - Stuff at Conjungi, Asymetrix, other things here and there
I give details about all of this stuff over on https://robla.net
A few other places to learn more about me
- My English Wikipedia user page: w:User:RobLa, with contributions dating back to 2001
- My contributions on electowiki.miraheze.org
- My homepage at https://robla.net
- My December 2019 blogpost "Why donate to a non-profit with a hard-to-pronounce name?"